Special castors and customised solutions
Thanks to decades of experience in castor manufacturing, Manner is an expert in designing and manufacturing special and customised solutions.
Special castors and R&D projects carried out in cooperation with our customers form an important part of Manner’s operations. Continuous research and testing of new raw materials and components together with smooth collaboration with our customers form an integral part of the product development of high-quality special castors that offer added value.
Please contact us if you are looking for an innovative solution to a particular castor challenge. The answer to the problem may lie in designing a brand new product or just improving a single feature.
Finding solutions together with the customer
The starting point is usually a problem that cannot be solved with standard products. The customer’s need is thoroughly explored by the customer and Manner specialists, who work together to find a solution. At Manner, customisation means either modifying a standard product or designing a new one so that it meets the customer’s needs perfectly. Customisation may relate to the product’s appearance, fittings, functionality, durability, resistance to certain conditions or usability.
Small or great needs
At its simplest, customisation may be a small change to an existing product, though its impact on the customer can be great. Even a small change can significantly improve quality, which in turn can further increase the life cycle of the end product or prolong the service interval.
At the other end of the scale, Manner has designed completely new products to meet customer’s requirements. The need for customisation can be small or great, Manner is always ready to find a solution
Examples of customised options
- Special colours or colour combinations
- Company logo on the product
- Neutralisation – no logos or labels
- Special grease lubricant that meets specific durability requirements
- Various locking systems
- Special coatings for better corrosion resistance
- Special solutions to improve load capacity
- Special features that impact on product performance
- Special solutions for mounting
- Solutions that improve impact resistance or other product characteristics
- Determining the requirements
- Start of the design process
- Approval of a proposal
- Manufacture and approval of prototypes
- Manufacture of products
- Final testing